0% of companies have optimized processes (Gartner)
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
By saying ‘optimized processes’, Gartner explains that this means a sufficiently high level of BPM maturity that results in a situation where ‘enterprise business outcomes consistently meet forecasts’.
BPM is often a part-time job
According to the same Gartner document, we are all more or less process managers as, from time to time we all have to fulfill a process management role of different type.
I doubt that an ordinary employee takes a holistic view of the problem, yet for managers, if you really want to find the root cause of the problems, it is better to use a complex approach. Instead of trying to remove one problem, better set up processes as sequences of repeated tasks for daily routine workflows and thus optimize the work of the whole department (or even cross-departmental work).
Therefore, if we need it, it is better to have it. Without heavy learning, simply set up and run the process. That is what easy BPM is for. However, before going into detail, a couple of words about the BPM sweet spot (how Gartner describes it).
BPM Sweet Spot
Transformational (i.e., Organization & Change Management) Skills are Key – once you set up processes to solve complex problems, you need to revise the processes from time to time and adapt them closer to the emerging operational needs of the company.
The BPM Sweet spot which is found in Gartner BPM magic quadrant is the place where application of your BPM efforts gives maximum positive influence on the outcome of your work. Here you can see two factors that influence it:
- Frequency of process change – the more often your BPM system allows you to make changes, the better.
- Responsibility for process change – you do not need heavy IT skills to improve or change processes.
Those two factors are guaranteed with easy BPM usage.
Quotation (from the report): Through 2015, 80% of organizations will need better transformation skills to improve cross-functional processes.
Easy BPMEasy (or adaptive) BPM provides two fundamental benefits for processes management:
- Processes can be modified continuously, applying Agile for business
- Process change can be implemented by the business, no long implementation with the help of IT department required
Comindware Tracker is a 100% adaptive BPM solution that provides those benefits for conditions and provides a number of additional BPM benefits:
- low new process implementation costs
- quick changes
- processes are not ‘damaged’ when being improved
- 0% interruptions on the departmental and cross-departmental work when changes are being implemented
- cross-departmental collaboration is transparent and up to 60% more efficient
Posted on: in Project World, Solutions